Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Our First Read Through - Sing Through

We had our first read through of the script at last nights rehearsal
and I gotta tell ya... THIS SHOW IS F**KING FUNNY! Not in the
slapstick-pie across the face-three stooges funny, but in a genuine
teenager interaction-every day life kinda way. If we do this right
(which I'm sure we will) it will be really cool. A lot of the script
sounds like banter more than script. A lot of quick wit and snide
remarks. I think the hard thing will be holding for laughs because
you never know when the audience is going to have an outburst with
this show. It will probably depend on what character or group they
identify with the most.

My personal favorite is Jan. She is very funny in the same way that
the heavier nun was in Sister Act. And the girl playing her (Katie
Nestor) will surely crack a lot of people up.

Last night was also the first time the whole cast got to hear all the
music in one sitting. Not bad for our first try. I think the guys
have some harmony problems but I'm sure it will all get worked out...
it has to because the girls are definitely showing us up.

We begin blocking tonight... more tomorrow.

No comments: