Sunday, January 7, 2007

Grease Rehearsals Start Monday

Well, I have been learning the guitar to play the part of Doody in New Line Theatre's production of Grease and I have to say, I am pretty nervous. I have the chords down but its playing them all together that stumps me. I've come to the realization that I will never be a Peter Frampton or my 3rd grade, guitar playing, music teacher-Ms. Dineff. If only my fingers were skinnier. DAMN YOU genetics.

I am really excited for the first rehearsal however. It's always fun to meet the new people and see the ones you have done shows with. Even funner (I know its not a word) is making fun of the new people with the people you have done shows with (If you're one of the newbies...just kidding. If you're one of the vets...get ready to talk some smack).

Seriously, over the next 10 weeks or so, I'm sure I'll make some new friends. The great thing about theater folk... you get so close during the run of a show and when it's over, everyone gets busy and you loose touch, UNTIL the next show starts and it's like you never left.

Wish me luck!

No comments: