Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My First Grease Injury...

So last night while doing "Greased Lightening", I slashed my thumb open on the hubcap. I wasn't aware of how deep it was until I got home and started cleaning it out. I'm gonna scar (now I have to come up with some cool back-story of where the scar came from... I'm thinking I should say it happened while I was rebuilding my carburetor). Since it was my first injury, maybe I'll save the band-aid (thank you Jeff W. for tracking one down) in my Memory Chest. For those that don't know what a Memory Chest is, I'll explain:

Greg (G.P. - he's so pretentious) Hunsaker is our technical director. The other night we were out at the Moolah and Greg started opening up to the group and talked about his Memory Chest (he claims he said Memory Trunk, but I'm sure he said chest) that he keeps full of items from his sorted little past. At first I was going to let it go, but then, like there was chum in the water, I attacked. The pleasure here is that Greg is the gayest straight man I know. I'm sure he writes in his journal every night while he sips his tea and looks at articles from his Memory Chest. And after the single tear falls down his cheek becuase he found his "GREGGY" name tag from the store where he managed the Women's Clothing Department [I know... how gay is that?], he wanks off to the latest edition of JUGGS (or whatever filthy dirty stuff he looks at... or perhaps he uses Martha Stewart Living [love ya Greg]).

Other than the life-threatening injury I sustained, and the near loss of an appendage (Jeff Wright saved my life... MY HERO!), rehearsal was good. We had to grease back our hair for the first time and even though my hair is long, it's not long enough yet. I still have 2.5 weeks and, if nothing else, I'm sure I can fake it (if I had a nickel for every time I have said that). More later.

3 comments:

Scott Miller said...

You're so bad and that's so good! Then again, Greg really is the gayest straight guy I know...

Scott Tripp said...

Hmmm... who is?

Scott Miller said...

I said straight guy...