Friday, February 9, 2007

This Time I'm Serious! I'm in love with...

...this whole cast. We had our first run through on the set last night and needless to say it was a little rough (at least on my part). The guitar thing didn't go to well... chalk it up to nerves or something because I could totally play it at home with my St. Bernard watching me (he's a good audience... very forgiving). Practice Practice Practice (words from my piano teacher when I was 10 - shortly before I quit taking piano). 

Anyway, back to the cast. We all went out for Joe's (Sonny) birthday last night to this cute little place named "The Sidebar". I love it when a cast gets along as well as we are. Along with that, just like with any friendship, there will be bumps in the road, but I think we all genuinely like each other, which I am hoping will translate on stage. I had the chance to talk with a few cast members that I don't usually get to talk to a lot and I learned a great deal about them and their personal lives, etc. Brendan (Danny) brought his GF and she seemed very nice, Isabel feels like Jesus Christ sometimes, and in general we were a happy group... OH YEAH... RASPBERRY MOJITOS ARE YUMMY!

I have every hope that out of this cast will come some long-term relationships in my life, but even if they turn out to be theater friends (see below for definition), I know that I am going to walk away from Grease with good feelings and fond memories (and then I'll forget everyone's name in a few weeks after that).

*THEATER FRIENDS definition (courtesy of my friend Sarah Armstrong) = These are friends you make during the run of a show and then afterwards either you or they get busy and you loose touch until the next show you are in with them. At that time you pick up where you left off. It happens all the time and is pretty common practice in our world.

1 comment:

Isabel Pastrana said...

Ok wait... what makes me like J.C.
?